auction.com scam (real estate)
Do not waste your time with auction.com. It is a front for a mortgage company in CA trying to unload foreclosed properties, not an independent entity.
1. NEVER reach a reserve amount, no matter how high you bid.
2. Use your "bid" as a means to determine value. Bid will end without a "winner" and you will receive a call congratulating you on your "win". If you read their rules, a "winning bid" is when the reserve is met, but they will not acknowledge that fact.
3. They provide you, the "winner" with a 41 page contract and direct you to execute within 20 minutes of receiving it. (that's not sarcasm, it is in their rules). The contract is EXTEREMELY one sided, taking all of the Buyers rights away. READ EXTREMELY THOROUGHLY - I wasted $ 158 for a real estate attorney to review this thing. He laughed at it.
4. They require $5000 min. earnest money upfront before they even take your offer (not "bid") to the lienholder - American Home Mortgage (themselves), knowing full well that the lienholder (themselves) will not accept it. This is on top of the $1000 pending charge they place on your credit card just for the privilege of bidding.
5. The purchase agreement is ALWAYS incomplete - no legal description of the property or preliminary title report is ever provided, but the agreement requires that you sign that you have received and reviewed them. They will NOT provide the missing documentation when you call them.
6. When you finally figure out this is a scam and wihdraw, your $5k is held up for an unscpecified amount of time, less the unspecified "administrative fees" you have given them permission to deduct from your earnest deposit (theoretically it could be 100% of your deposit).
In short...STAY AWAY FROM AUCTION.COM. It is a complete waste of time. Remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true.... I forgot that momentarily.116f559c review #288077
You may also like
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "I bought what I thought was an authentic Chanel purse & I received a knock off. I was insulted that the *** shop owner from 2HAUTE2HANDLE thought they could slip..."
- "I told my brother (who's in Tarlac) to send the baby pictures of my 11 yr old daughter here in Laguna thru LBC. This was on Feb 2, this year...."
- "I don't know if MagicJack is real business. I buy MagicJack in 2014. It is primitive and have very bad phone service. They have not included real customer service. No phone number to..."
- "HMS sent an uninsured HVAC Apprentice (Carlos) to my daughter's house. He wanted to replace the inside unit of her heat pump, and didn't bother to "diagnose" the outside. The..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."